• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicated annotations
Today I noticed in one of my pieces that when I deleted an annotation it wasn't gone until I deleted it again. Then I realized that somehow all the annotations had been duplicated.
I have no idea how this happened ...   Can you think on what could have caused this?
Any way to select all duplicates so that I can delete them?

Thanks
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I've heard from a couple users now that have experienced what you are describing - they suddenly had duplicated annotations and some of the annotations for them were placed incorrectly. I've been trying to figure out how to reproduce this issue and have not had any luck so far. I did add some extra code to ensure that annotations are cleared out while the database is being updated, so this could possibly help. I do think the issue is probably related to the automatic saving feature. So if you go into the annotations editor settings and uncheck the option to save the file automatically, this will probably prevent the issue you are seeing. I am going to keep looking into this though.

As far as clearing out the duplicated annotations, bring up the layers window in the annotation editor, and hopefully all of the annotations are grouped based on when they were created. If that is the case, you should be able to select half of them (the duplicated half) to remove them all at once. 

Mike
(01-12-2022, 04:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've heard from a couple users now that have experienced what you are describing - they suddenly had duplicated annotations and some of the annotations for them were placed incorrectly. I've been trying to figure out how to reproduce this issue and have not had any luck so far. I did add some extra code to ensure that annotations are cleared out while the database is being updated, so this could possibly help. I do think the issue is probably related to the automatic saving feature. So if you go into the annotations editor settings and uncheck the option to save the file automatically, this will probably prevent the issue you are seeing. I am going to keep looking into this though.

As far as clearing out the duplicated annotations, bring up the layers window in the annotation editor, and hopefully all of the annotations are grouped based on when they were created. If that is the case, you should be able to select half of them (the duplicated half) to remove them all at once. 

Mike

Thanks Mike,
Each page has over 400 annotations (I know, they add fast ...) mostly stamps so I started to delete from the bottom of the list selecting as many as I could each time but it is very tedious, specially because the layers window cannot be stretched in height which could help a lot if I could because you can only check about 12 items or so at a time. Maybe you could add a handle at the bottom right corner to make it resizable?.
I've turned off automatic saving also although so far I've only encounter this problem with this particular score.
Donner BT pedal
I can write up a feature request to make more of the windows resizable. 

Mike
Mike,

To solve the duplicate annotations on this particular piece (they were actually quadruplicated) and being the selection via the layers too cumbersome, I decided to embed the annotations using the "Embed annotations" entry in the 3 dot menu while in annotation mode.  It went tjrough the warnings that I wouldn't be able to edit them etc. but when I tried to select one of the annotations they were still all there and I was able to select them.
I tried with another song and the same happens. The embed annotations doesn't seem to work, unless I'm missing something.

Juan
Donner BT pedal
That would indicate something is faulty with some of the annotations and they aren't actually being processed when you select the option to embed them. Please long press the song, export it as a .msf and send it to mike@zubersoft.com. I'll take a look at it to see what kind of state it is in. I'm guessing the duplicated annotations are in some kind of invalid state.

Thanks,
Mike