• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing the Aspect of the cropping
Hello, 
Should it be possible to add the possibility to setup and fix the Aspect of the cropping function, so that, once I set the Aspect of my display, when I go to crop a page, i can see the correct result during Editing?
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
I've gotten this request a number of times, so it's certainly something I want to support, as I think some users want to have consistent page sizes across files. This really just comes down to enforcing a particular aspect ratio for the cropping rectangle, as the pages will be enlarged to fill the screen in the same manner with every file, so if their aspect ratio is the same, the page will be enlarged to the same size.

Mike
I would also appreciate such a feature.
My personal use case: set the cropping on the 16:10 display of my laptop so that it matches the 4:3 display of the tablt that I use on stage
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(06-11-2022, 04:39 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've gotten this request a number of times, so it's certainly something I want to support, as I think some users want to have consistent page sizes across files. This really just comes down to enforcing a particular aspect ratio for the cropping rectangle, as the pages will be enlarged to fill the screen in the same manner with every file, so if their aspect ratio is the same, the page will be enlarged to the same size.

Mike

Once you have more time, when iOS version is out and ironed, do you think it would be possible to custom define "Auto-Crop" or "Aggressive Crop"?
As the tablets screens are not that large I'm always cropping more aggressively then "Aggressive Crop".
Literally no white space on the left side (clef side) and only 1 millimeter on the right side of the sheet music.

So how exactly are you wanting the behavior to change? Are you wanting the algorithm to calculate what it thinks is the correct position, but then apply an offset that you define in pixels?

Thanks,
Mike
(06-14-2022, 05:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So how exactly are you wanting the behavior to change? Are you wanting the algorithm to calculate what it thinks is the correct position, but then apply an offset that you define in pixels?

Thanks,
Mike

I'm making my own sheets/scores with consistent margins and at the moment if I apply "Auto-Crop" (with Aggressively Crop setting ON) MobileSheets consistently would leave still more space on the left and right which I would always crop even more.

If I would have 15"or 17" tablets I would not care but our Pixel Slates are only 12.3" which is still bit smaller compared to A4.

So MobileSheets can recognise the edges of the stages really well and if we could define the distance of Auto-cropping from the stave (on the left and right) in pixels that would be terrific.

BUT if I'm the only one cropping as close as possible then I don't want to waste your time.
Should I run a poll to see if people are cropping even more compared to Auto-Crop (with Aggressively Crop setting ON)?
You can certainly do that to see how many people respond. The current algorithm uses a margin of 10 scaled pixels (meaning 10 * the density of the display which is probably around 2.25, meaning around 22 pixels). That margin is the extra space you are seeing, so I could let users control how much of a margin is applied when automatic cropping. That works regardless of whether aggressive cropping is used or not. The aggressive cropping has to do more with how MobileSheets ignores noise in the margins, such as light gray pixels.

Mike
Hi, 
I do exactly the same: manually crop all the pages because I prefer having the staves Just attached to the border of the display, and no white margins At all, so customizable margin would be Perfect for me too. And IF possible, mantain the Aspect ratio as discussed before...
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88