• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to import bookmarks when importing from the Companion ?
Hi,

I have imported some files from the Windows Companion, and my bookmark files have not been taken into account.

On the App, there is action "Import CSV bookmarks", but the bookmark files has to be in the same folder has the original file.

As I did this from my PC, I don't know how to do this...

Any suggestion ? Thanks.

E.g.:

And the CSV file in attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.csv   Eric Dolphy-Serene-Basse.csv (Size: 66 bytes / Downloads: 0)
You can't currently use the companion app to import csv files in order to split up PDFs. For that, you have to transfer the file to the device, then use Import->CSV or PDF Bookmarks to select the csv file. 

Mike
(09-04-2022, 03:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can't currently use the companion app to import csv files in order to split up PDFs. For that, you have to transfer the file to the device, then use Import->CSV or PDF Bookmarks to select the csv file. 

Mike

Actually, it didn't work.

I uploaded both files to my OneDrive.

I imported the PDF from the App itself (not the Companion this time) with the OneDrive connexion.

As it was not possible to import the CSV file directly from the App with the OneDrive connexion, I first downloaded it locally on phone with the OneDrive app and I imported the CSV from the app itself.

There, I had an error message telling that there were no matching PDF.

-- 2nd attempt --
I downloaded manually both the PDF and the CSV with the OneDrive app locally on my phone.
I imported the PDF from the local storage.
I imported the CSV from the local storage.
Then it worked.

Conclusion: in order to import files with bookmarks, the OneDrive connexion, the PC Companion are not useful, correct ?

Laurent
Get the pdf and the csv into one folder on the device with MSP. Then 'songs import'>'csv/pdf bookmarks' >storage location of the pdf/csv>select file and import. 

Note I haven't done this much so the directions may be missing step[s]. The most important info is the pdf and the csv must be in the same folder [and on the MSP device?] to do a csv/pdf import.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
...and also important: the csv and the PDF have to have the same name. 
Song123.pdf
Song123.csv
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(09-05-2022, 02:54 AM)Skip Wrote: Get the pdf and the csv into one folder on the device with MSP. Then 'songs import'>'csv/pdf bookmarks' >storage location of the pdf/csv>select file and import.McAroni...and also important: the csv and the PDF have to have the same name.
Indeed, like this, it is working.

But having to download everything locally make you loose all the benefits of the OneDrive connectivity and the PC companion.

So my question is more the 2 latter processes. How to import bookmarks when you have imported the song files via the OneDrive connector or via the PC Companion ?
Mike has already said that the Companion doesn't have this functionality. 
This is fair enough as it will never be able to do everything that MS does e.g. editing
I also believe that it was written to aid managing common MS tasks rather than to provided a swiss army knife.; and MS capabilities have changed tremendously since it was written (perhaps we are lucky that Mike still supports it as it generates no direct income).

As the .csv file is used to split up a larger pdf file, it is something that will be seldom done for a particular file.
So the hardship in transferring files to the MS device is not really an issue as it shouldn't be a frequent occurrence.
Should you have lots of .csv/.pdf pairs, I suggest you transfer them all into the same temporary folder on the device before doing the imports (this can be the Downloads folder if it is not cluttered with other rubbish). Using a single folder will minimise app switching.

Having transferred the files, you can use the filter on the import dialog to specify which file pair you are working on.
Assuming you are letting MS manage the files i.e. not using your own folder structure, the sources of these temporary imported files will be deleted after they have been processed (assuming you have checked the "Storage: Delete Original After Copy" setting).
As you process each pair, the temporary folder will start to empty and you know everything is complete when there are no more left.

One word of warning: I'm not sure what effect the "Storage: Delete Original After Copy" setting has if the source is onedrive i.e. make sure you disable this option after processing all your pairs of files.

Hope this helps
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
You can use Import->CSV or PDF Bookmark with OneDrive. Just ensure the PDF and CSV file are in the same folder on OneDrive, then select the csv file and MobileSheets should download both files and import them. I just tested this on my Android tablet and it worked fine. Just tap Import->CSV or PDF Bookmark, tap the cloud icon, then select the csv file.

Mike
(09-05-2022, 04:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: (...)Just tap Import->CSV or PDF Bookmark, tap the cloud icon, then select the csv file.
Great !!! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.