• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HELP!
My mobile app was accidentally set to "reset settings to default". I can see the songs on the SD card of the tablet, and although I've set the storage location to point to that location, the songs haven't populated. What is it that I need to do?

TIA
Do you have a backup file saved somewhere?
Settings/Backup and Restore/Restore Library from Backup?

If not I don't know enough to help.  But I periodically use Settings/Backup and Restore/Backup Library to save an .msb file to Google Drive or One Drive, because that keeps all the songs as well as all the setlists, collections, etc.
Snuggs,

One thing you can try to do is go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup and select a copy of the database from before the reset occurred. That should reset the database back to its previous state, and if you set the storage location before doing this, then the songs in the storage location should be accessible without issue. If you had previously toggled Settings->Storage->Expose Database on, you'd need to toggle that on again before restoring the database backup.

Mike
(09-07-2022, 03:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Snuggs,

One thing you can try to do is go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup and select a copy of the database from before the reset occurred. That should reset the database back to its previous state, and if you set the storage location before doing this, then the songs in the storage location should be accessible without issue. If you had previously toggled Settings->Storage->Expose Database on, you'd need to toggle that on again before restoring the database backup.

Mike

Thanks Mike. The problem is that the only database backup file that I see now is after the reset.
(09-07-2022, 06:16 PM)Snuggs Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 03:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Snuggs,

Mike

Thanks Mike. The problem is that the only database backup file that I see now is after the reset.
But you still have all the songs.

Have you tried batch import?  You'll have to redo things like setlist, collection, cropping if you've done those, but at least you'd have the songs back.
If you use a file browser to navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, that is where the mobilesheets.db backup files are stored if you have set the storage location to an SD card folder. If you don't see older backups in that folder, then I can't really explain that as resetting the settings should have had no impact on the backup files.

Mike