• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mobilesheets not opening (windows)
clicked mobile sheets app (windows 10) and got this message
(MobileSheets can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected, (see in store)).
Clicking 'see in store' takes me to Microsoft Store 'MobileSheets' with two options 'open' which i clicked and all it did was show me the same message as above? 
the second option reinstall i hav'ent clicked.

The app was working ok yesterday and the only thing i have done since yesterday was delete a bootup command 'grub' that was left behind when i deleted the Ubunta OS, that i had installed.

If i click the option 'reinstall' will i have to purchase another copy of MobileSheets? and/or will i lose all my Mobile Sheets settings and history?

terry (mobilesheets3)
Terry,

I would recommend you do the following:

1) Go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and copy the contents of that folder somewhere safe. That will ensure you save your MobileSheets settings and library.
2) Uninstall MobileSheets and then reinstall it
3) Copy the LocalState folder contents back. Restart MobileSheets

If this does not help, then we will need to try a few other things. I see posts like this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox...c435870ddb where the answer seems to be reset the application, and/or reset the Microsoft Store.

Mike
Hi Mike,

thanks for the info i did as you suggested, however, file explorer would'ent let me copy the file and came up with the message 'Organization Doesn’t Let You Place Files Here'. i looked this up on the internet and it seems to be common especially for 'game' progs. one of the suggestions was to use a programme called 'total commander' (free trial for a month) that i down loaded and it copied the fie from My C: drive to  my nominated D: file without any problems. i went back to the microsoft app that was still open and clicked 'reinstall' the wheel continued going round for a long time so i stopped it and a message came up 'file missing' or words to that effect. i went back to your file folder and it was empty so i went into 'total commander' and copied the file i had copied to the D: drive back to your folder. clicked on MobileSheets and it opened with all my files intact.

It seems to be working ok, THANKS  VERY MUCH FOR SORTING IT OUT. Smile

Terry (Mobilesheets3)
(10-03-2022, 04:46 AM)Mobilesheets3 Wrote: one of the suggestions was to use a programme called 'total commander' (free trial for a month) that i down loaded and it copied the fie from My C: drive to  my nominated D: file without any problems.
 Good to hear you got sorted.
Total Commander is one of the best file managers. You can use it forever even after a month.
As a side comment. I have to say Total Commander is the most comprehensive file handler available and I have been using it for many years.  You can play all sorts of tricks with it and although it is possible to use the program after the 30 day trial, it's well worth paying for, if only to assure continuing support from the designer.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(10-03-2022, 08:35 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: As a side comment. I have to say Total Commander is the most comprehensive file handler available and I have been using it for many years.  You can play all sorts of tricks with it and although it is possible to use the program after the 30 day trial, it's well worth paying for, if only to assure continuing support from the designer.

hi,
it was my intention to delete 'Total Commander' but, if its as good as what you say,  i will just keep it.

Terry
I just followed a mandatory update on my Lenovo Laptop and couldn’t open
Mobile Sheets. My internet was turned off. I turned it back on and it opened
immediately…. Easy fix … thankfully
I have heard from users that, if they do not log into Windows with their Microsoft account, they cannot load MobileSheets without an internet connection. I don't know why Microsoft has it set up that way, but this will be the case until I switch MobileSheets from being a UWP application to a desktop application.

Mike