• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nudge Tool
Hi there! I seemed to have lost my nudge tool bar somewhere. I accidentally hit the "x" in the corner and now I can't find it to bring it back. I used it a lot with the text option. Does anybody does know how to get it to come back? I don't see it anywhere in the settings. I am running the current version of MSPro.
bring up [or make] an annotation > select the big arrow [the select icon] to display the popup, the nudge tool is the 2nd icon from the left.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hey! Thanks for responding.  I'm not seeing what you are referencing. I have attached what I am see in the annotations. Would you please explain further? Thank you.
Basically, select an annotation, this should  bring up a popup that allows editing the annotation. There are 4 icons on the popup which displays just under the annotation, the 2nd icon from the left is the nudge tool, it looks like a broken sided square [4 pointers] sitting on a corner. To select an annotation you use the big arrowhead icon at the top right, where all the editing tools are, then click on the annotation.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
OK, so I have been looking at this for an hour and still not getting what is being talking about. I have included a screen shot of what I see when I pull up annotations. I don't see a selection tool icon to click on. Could somebody PLEASE really dumb this down for me? Step by step of what I need to do? 

There are 2 screenshots of what I think people are talking about. First screenshot is my MSPro with what I see, the second one is what I think people are telling to click on but I don't see WHERE I'm supposed to click to get that pop up window. 

The last update I have on MSPro is from June 30, 2022, so I think that is the most current version.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to have something selected to perform the suggested operations

Assuming an annotation on the page:-
1) Press the big arrow on the top menu (the selection tool)
2) Press an existing annotation
Five icons will display under the selected annotation  - as in the diagram in your second attachment
3) Press the broken square (second from left) 
This will display the nudge tool
4) Press the pin (top left of nudge tool) to make it "permanent"

Note: the nudge tool is only available (and visible) when editing text and for items selected by the Selection arrow (Mike has recently posted about this)

In your attachment, it looks as though you are using the palette wheel (or whatever it is called) and the nudge tool is not displayed for that as it is not meaningful for this "tool"

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
OMG it finally worked! I guess what I wasn't understanding is that I needed to do SOMETHING with the arrow, once I did, that menu popped up.

Sorry to be so dense on this. You all are so great and patient. Thank you all so much!
I've lost my nudge tool! (3.8.36)

I've followed the instructions that I gave in the post above but still can't get it back when using the text tool
It does have the pin button on it when an annotation is displayed using the big arrow but I can't find a way to display it when Text is displayed

Mike - there should be a more obvious way to restore this tool.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff - you have to be actively editing a text annotation in order for it to show up. If you tap the text tool, then tap a text annotation, are you not seeing it? This seems to work fine for me.

Mike
I am actively trying to edit an annotation.

I've put a very poor quality video here (edit: link now removed)

The nudge tool is nowhere on the page (i.e. it is not below the keyboard)
Also, when I touch the diamond when text is selected with the arrow, the centre dot in the nudge box is missing (preventing the box being dragged); perhaps it has always done been like that ?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'm not seeing the video at that link. As far as your last question, you have to tap the pin icon in order for it to be a floating window. That must be the source of the problem then. Once you pin it, it will show up with the text tool.

Mike
That fixed it, I thougt the pin icon was the current setting e.g. 1x rather than something you had to tap to activate.

Many thanks (although I still think it is not obvious that you have to do this)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Have you considered adding a "Pin Nudge Tool" option to one of the two annotation settings pages? (in addition to what is already implemented)

I'll go with whatever you think is best.

Many thanks
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'll have to think about it a bit. I'm open to other suggestions as well if there is a better way to handle it. 

Thanks,
Mike
That's all I ask

Thanks Mike
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6