• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in communication between Yamaha Genos and Mobilesheets
Bert,

All very strange.

You are not using a usb hub between the MobileSheets pc and the Genos are you ?
What kind of cable are you using. A usb cable or a usb to midi cable ?

When you again have this same situation happening, can you try the following. (without doing anything else between the steps, and wait a couple of seconds between each button press)

- reboot the pc
- Start MS
- Load the reg.file with the issue on Genos.
- Press a button from that reg file that works (does it still work ?)
- Press a button that did not work. (Does it still not work ??)
If it still did not work.
- Press a button that works (does it still work?)
- Press a button that did not work (does is still not work ??)

Rudy
Hi Rudy,
This morning I started all up again and the problem was there again but now I think I found the cause of it.
I have all my registration files and custom songstyles saved on a USB stick that is connected on the front input and this one is named USB1 by Genos. There is also a USB stick in the bottom connection named USB2 by Genos. This was always the normal situation as far as I remember. I do not use this (empty) bottom stick but it was in there when I bought the Genos secondhand. To my surprise I saw this morning that my front stick was named USB2 and the bottom stick USB1. I then also had the problem of non-working +/- registration buttons. I removed the bottom stick and after that the front stick was named USB1 again. Also +/- buttons functions. After that I made over 50 new links with MS without a problem. 
I do not understand why but it looks like Genos sometimes switched between USB sticks which caused the problems. Do you have an explanation for this?
Bert