• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected error - reload from Amazon!
Had a panic last night at am-dram rehearsal in Village Hall. My tablet would not boot up. Have come across this before and fixed it by using the reset button. The tablet then booted up (noticed that the date was wrong) but when I opened Mobilesheets I got the "Unexpected error- please reload from Amazon" message and then MS shut down. Needless to say there is no wi-fi in the village hall and I had no paper backup. So, I dashed home and while printing out pdfs, I re-booted the tablet. It connected (reset the time and date)and opened MS - no message, no problems. I left the tablet on and got back to rehearsals with both tablet and paper copies.

Question: was the Unexpected error message due to the wrong time and date?

p.s. Android 2.3, MS v4.1.1
I unfortunately do not know exactly what sort of DRM Amazon enforces, but it sounds like it didn't like something that had occurred on your tablet. You may be right that the wrong time had something to do with it, but I have never heard of that error before. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike
This has now happened again, if ever I let the battery discharge too much. After recharging, I find the tablet has reset itself with the default date and time. If I try to run Mobilesheets I get told to go to the Amazon Store. If I have no WiFi, I have to manually set the time and date before restarting MS. Then all is OK.
That's a good "heads up" to be aware of. Thanks!

(01-11-2014, 12:43 AM)fausto Wrote: This has now happened again, if ever I let the battery discharge too much. After recharging, I find the tablet has reset itself with the default date and time. If I try to run Mobilesheets I get told to go to the Amazon Store. If I have no WiFi, I have to manually set the time and date before restarting MS. Then all is OK.