• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status bar hides header
I am using MsPro on a Samsung Tab S6 and with the latest version I am seeing the status bar at the top hiding part of the top banner of MsPro.

The problem is most obvious when I have MsPro set to full screen and the navigation bar set to dim. I load a song, then swipe up to make the navigation bar visible, this also makes the status bar visible at the top of the page. I then exit the song. The status bar remains visible covering half the banner at the top of MsPro. This remains like this unless you change the full screen or navigations bar settings (there may be other ways to restore things).

I get similar behaviour swiping down from the top to reveal the status information.

Sometimes the status bar does disappear depending on settings. If I have full screen set, but dim & hide navigation bar unset, swiping down from the library page works and the status bar disappears, but swiping down with a song displayed causes the status bar to get stuck.

Regards

Andy
Thanks for the feedback Andy. I added a fix for this with the build I just submitted to Google. So the status bar will still be displayed if you swipe up, but it should disappear automatically after a few seconds.

Mike
Hi Mike, 

I've just tried 3.7.6 and I'm still seeing the problem. If I swipe down from the top with a song displayed, the status bar remains and when I return to the library the header is partially hidden. 

My tablet is running android 12 if that makes a difference. 

Regards

Andy
I tested on my Samsung S8 Ultra and it behaved as I described. I tested with every combination:

Dim the navigation bar off, hide the navigation bar off, fullscreen off
Dim the navigation bar on, hide the navigation bar off, fullscreen off
Dim the navigation bar off, hide the navigation bar on, fullscreen off
Dim the navigation bar off, hide the navigation bar off, fullscreen on
Dim the navigation bar on, hide the navigation bar off, fullscreen on
Dim the navigation bar on, hide the navigation bar on, fullscreen off
Dim the navigation bar off, hide the navigation bar on, fullscreen on
Dim the navigation bar on, hide the navigation bar on, fullscreen on

and it seemed to work for me as expected with each. The status bar would always automatically fade out when fullscreen mode was on, otherwise it would stay on if fullscreen mode was off, and I never saw it overlap with the action bar or tabs on the library screen. So I'm not sure if what you are seeing is an Android 12 vs 13 issue or something else. I can keep looking into this, but I'll need to figure out how to reproduce what you are describing.

Mike
I had this same issue and found a great app that works great. Go to the Play Store and download "Fullscreen Immersive". It allows you to hide the status bar while using the applications, even after you swipe down and use the status bar, it goes away after 1-2 seconds. As a musician who takes notes in Mobile Sheets, that status bar was hindering me from using the editing features. 

Galaxy S7 Tab FE

-Daniel
Hi Mike, 

Just to confirm what I'm doing. I have full screen mode on and hide & dim navigation bar off. I load a song, then swipe down from the top. This displays the status bar, which stays visible. I then return to the library (actually the collections tab) and the status bar is still displayed and covers half the top banner. See attached screenshot.

Andy

It looks like one of the recent updates has fixed this (or something else has). If I swipe down to reveal the status bar, it automatically disappears after a few seconds. This happens correctly when displaying a song and in the library.

Regards

Andy
Yes, I made some changes to fix the issues that you and other users reported when fullscreen mode is disabled as well as the Hide/Dim the Navigation Bar settings. I'm glad to hear it's working properly for you now.

Thanks,
Mike