• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to exit from search?
I'm on the ipad latest version, 3.7.6.
I must be overlooking something simple. Once I have used the search function,  how to I get out of it to view all songs again?
Are you asking how to clear the search filter? Just clear the text in the search field or tap the X at the far right side of the filter bar to clear all filters.

Mike
(04-02-2023, 04:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you asking how to clear the search filter? Just clear the text in the search field or tap the X at the far right side of the filter bar to clear all filters.

Mike

Thank you. 

I don't know what went wrong or how to reproduce the problem, because it's working normally now. 

I'm pretty sure it happened before the update and in the new version, before I created this post. But can't reproduce it now.

What had happened was that after clearing/deleting the search field, the filter wouldn't go away and still showed the sorting (which became 0 songs after deleting the search field). The songs tab would show (0/500) for example. Pressing the X and/or the filter button had no effect either. I had to close the app and reopen it to clear it.

If it happens again, I'll report back and also try to notice, if I can, under what conditions it happens.

On a related note, once I enter text into the search bar and press enter, the keyboard stays on the screen and the floating bar (with the filter icon and the arrow to go back to the current song) hides behind the keyboard. It can't be accessed without closing the keyboard from that "close keyboard" button on the bottom right of the keyboard.  

I found myself wondering how to get back to where I was, either back to my current song or the song list without the keyboard in the way. If the floating bar were above the keyboard, then perhaps it could serve as a keyboard closer, by pressing the filter to close the search field.

I think a better workflow would be that after typing in the search field and hitting "enter" the keyboard should close automatically (or else the floating bar should stay always above the keyboard).  

If you wanted the keyboard to stay on the screen, to keep typing, change search or whatever, then don't press enter, but pressing enter would close it.

I use an alternative keyboard, so it's necessary to press the "world" symbol on my alternate keyboard to get back to the ipad's default beyboard before I can access the "keyboard close" icon at the bottom of the default keyboard, so it's an extra two presses every time. Not a big deal if there's a reason it's the expected behavior. It just seems awkward. 

Anyway, I'm glad the filter seems to be working properly now. Thanks for answering!