• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup Settings
I shared backup files with you via dropbox. Just checking to see if you received it.
Yes, I have the backup file now. I'll extract the settings from it and see what I find.

Thanks,
Mike
Your backup file restored without issues, the settings look as in your screenshot (with the alphabet list on the left) and the settings are maintained after restarting the application. I'm not seeing any issues, so this is a device specific issue. Can you tell me a little more about your setup? Are you doing anything unusual with Windows? You asked about Sandboxie - are you currently using that?

Thanks,
Mike
I'm not doing anything different with Windows nor have been using Sandboxie. I think that my computer is hacked. Other software also appears altered on occasion and my antivirus recently caught malware related to bitcoin mining. Thank you for your help verifying that the backups are working. I will have to totally wipe the laptop and start over.
That definitely sounds like a bad situation. Let me know if you need any help after you get things set back up again.

Mike
(05-17-2023, 04:47 AM)MikeEm Wrote: I think that my computer is hacked. Other software also appears altered on occasion and my antivirus recently caught malware related to bitcoin mining. Thank you for your help verifying that the backups are working. I will have to totally wipe the laptop and start over.

Alternatively you can turn Windows device into a Chromebook:
https://support.google.com/chromeosflex/answer/11552529
But you'd need an Android MobileSheets licence.
(05-17-2023, 08:53 AM)otnt Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 04:47 AM)MikeEm Wrote: I think that my computer is hacked. Other software also appears altered on occasion and my antivirus recently caught malware related to bitcoin mining. Thank you for your help verifying that the backups are working. I will have to totally wipe the laptop and start over.

Alternatively you can turn Windows device into a Chromebook:
https://support.google.com/chromeosflex/answer/11552529
But you'd need an Android MobileSheets licence.

Thanks, I will definitely look into that.
Ok, I found what was wiping songs and settings in Mobilesheets. Running tweaking.com Windows Repair software causes it to happen. Not sure what changes it is making but my song files are still in place but Mobilesheets changes to fresh install and no longer sees the songs nor the settings.
It must be clearing all of the application data for some reason... if you use a different storage location than the default, that won't be impacted by the application data being cleared. The database will be deleted though.

Mike