• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do I have a song conflict?
Hello folks!

I need some help here. I'm doing a Sync to a cloud folder, and I'm being presented with a "Select Song To Use" dialog. If my attachments to this post are working, you will see what I'm being presented with. Title "Alice in Wonderland" is being found in two different PDFs and it's asking me to choose between them.

But of course, that's normal. I have a couple dozen jazz books, and when I search for a song, sometimes I get 10 hits from different books, all the same song name. They all chart the song out differently, and I carefully compare them to choose which one is best for the band to use. That is, in fact, one of the main reasons I use digital music managers. 

I did read this section in the manual:

Quote:FILE STORAGE
Due to the very restrictive model used for file storage on iOS, MobileSheets must copy all imported files into its own application folder. Files cannot be used from their original location. Another important thing to mention about file storage is that there is the potential for conflicts with file paths. If the “Create Subdirectories For Songs” setting is enabled, file conflicts can be eliminated by ensuring that all songs have unique titles. Otherwise, all imported files must have unique names. This is because all imported files will be copied to the same location, and files would overwrite each other if their names are not unique.

And so I have that box checked. But obviously, it's not preventing me from having this issue.

Does anyone know how to get past this problem? 

To be clear, the only time the app should think I have a duplicate song is if I have two PDFs with the exact same name. For indexed PDFs, the key for a unique song should be the PDF+SongName combination.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
why do I have a song conflict? - by reggoboy - 02-28-2023, 10:07 AM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by Oz Cello - 02-28-2023, 10:49 AM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by reggoboy - 02-28-2023, 11:39 AM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by Zubersoft - 02-28-2023, 01:06 PM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by Oz Cello - 02-28-2023, 07:46 PM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by reggoboy - 03-01-2023, 12:48 AM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by Zubersoft - 03-01-2023, 04:16 AM
RE: why do I have a song conflict? - by reggoboy - 03-01-2023, 07:40 AM