• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set list freezes
Just synchronised  on my iPad and now when I select a set list, the screen freezes? All works fine on MS Windows and it used to work fine on iPad but not any more. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Please update to version 3.8.2 if you have not already done so and let me know if you continue to encounter any issues. You can see the version number under Settings->About. I'm also in the process of releasing a version 3.8.3 to fix a few remaining issues.

Mike
(06-08-2023, 08:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please update to version 3.8.2 if you have not already done so and let me know if you continue to encounter any issues. You can see the version number under Settings->About. I'm also in the process of releasing a version 3.8.3 to fix a few remaining issues.

Mike

Thanks Mike I have updated to 3.8.1 which is the latest version I can see in App Store. The set list now loads BUT have just noticed that the {highlight:} command now only displays the first character of the string.
Hi Mike I’ve also noticed that where I have a line of chords with no lyrics, e.g. [E] [A] [D] [A] these are no longer being displayed. 
These are all new bugs which have appeared recently. I am going to have to dig my old Surface laptop out and use the Windows version until these are resolved. 
Let me know if I can help with testing fixes or anything.
Many thanks
(06-08-2023, 04:59 PM)Chromachris Wrote: I’ve also noticed that where I have a line of chords with no lyrics, e.g. [E] [A] [D] [A] these are no longer being displayed. 

Hi! This is what I've reported in ChordPro issue after 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 and I can confirm that it is resolved in 3.8.2
AppStore distributes a bit differently across the globe, so maybe you need a few hours to have it available.
3.8.3 was approved by Apple earlier today and is available for download, so you should be able to get that version and test it out.

Mike
(06-08-2023, 06:34 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 3.8.3 was approved by Apple earlier today and is available for download, so you should be able to get that version and test it out.

Mike

Hi Mike
Installed 3.8.3 and can confirm set list issue resolved. Also chords only on a line now display correctly, however {highlight} command still only displaying first character.
Best Regards
Chris
Thanks for confirming that - I have located a problem with the iPadOS version that is causing many chord pro directives not to work as expected. I have a fix in place and am running through additional tests. 

Thanks,
Mike
That’s great many thanks
Just synced set list to my Windows laptop. The highlight commands do not display correctly here either it just displays “{highlightConfusedong name}
Hope that helps
That's strange - with version 3.8.4 (which was submitted to Microsoft earlier), I'm not seeing any issues with highlight directives. Can you please send me one of the files that has issues so I can test it to verify things are fixed with 3.8.4?

Thanks,
Mike
(06-10-2023, 01:17 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's strange - with version 3.8.4 (which was submitted to Microsoft earlier), I'm not seeing any issues with highlight directives. Can you please send me one of the files that has issues so I can test it to verify things are fixed with 3.8.4?

Thanks,
Mike

I am currently only able to run 3.8.3 on Windows and the issue is definitely there. psa one of the files displaying the problem.
Thanks
Chris
.txt   simple_minds-don_t_you_forget_about_me-chordpro4.txt (Size: 2.33 KB / Downloads: 2)
There isn't a highlight command in that file that I can see. A highlight command is {highlight: }, {ci: }, or {comment_italic: }. Where am I supposed to be seeing the highlight problem? Are you referring to chord highlighting and not the highlight directive? The chords all seemed to be highlighted like I would expect.

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry for the confusion Mike, The file I sent was to demonstrate the problem with the {title:} command not displaying correctly on 3.8.3 in Windows. I have temporarily changed all the {highlight} commands to {title} to get round the problem on iPadIOS.
I have attached a new file with the {highlight} command reinstated. Just to reitierate, this works fine on Windows but not on IpadIOS, where it just displays the first character.
Many thanks for your support with this.
Chris

Attached Files
.cho   THE ONE I LOVE.cho (Size: 1.4 KB / Downloads: 3)
The file works fine with version 3.8.4. So please update to the latest version when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Mike