• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips on keeping your place on the page?
I use MobileSheets 3 times a week leading our 50 member choir.  Sometimes I lose my place on the page, especially if I am singing a lead.  If I place my finger on the screen to mark my place I sometimes cause it to go to the next song or have other popups.  Is there anything built into the app to mark your place?  Something like a colored dot that advances when I touch a new spot on the page?  If not, how do others deal with this?

Thanks in advance!
There isn't anything like what you are describing at the moment. If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions, you could just disable tapping to turn pages. If you then enable performance mode, you can tap on the screen as much as you like, and then use a swipe to turn pages instead.

Mike
Mike,

That helps tremendously.  Thank you! I don't care how well I know a song, I won't sing it without the music in front of me.  I change up the set on the fly almost every service and my mind wanders as I am looking up a song while singing another one.  Also, I never know who will be there in the choir until right before we start (sometimes afterwards), and I normally am scrambling changing up the set list.  I scanned our 400+ page choir book with all of the markings in it and was fortunate to find a pdf of our hymnal as well.

I am getting a whole lot of use out of this $15 app.  I assume this is a labor of love for you since there is no repeat revenue with this app.  Thank you for that.
I'm glad to hear that Chris, and I'm always happy to help. It is certainly a labor of love, as I originally created the app for myself and just hoped others would benefit from it, but over the last thirteen years it has grown into something much greater. The current business model is working just fine, which I'm really happy about, as I hate subscription models and didn't want to ever have to rely on that. 

Mike