• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio file will not play. FIXED
I tried to play an audio file but it does not play. I reimported it from my MacStudio through Dropbox as I always do, having MS do a replace, but MS still does not play the file. It plays properly in my computer Dropbox folder. All the other songs in the setlist play the audio.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
I just discovered how to install MobileSheets onto my Mac. After doing so and testing that same audio file, it does the same thing. Anywhere else I have that audio file, it plays properly. ?????????????????????
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
I opened the audio file in Audacity and immediately exported it as MP3, which asked to replace the file and now the file works in MS. Apparently the file was corrupted just enough for MS to react, but not enough for anywhere else. Just another reason why MobileSheets is such a good app, from now on when that happens, I know it's a corrupted file and needs to be fixed.
I'm glad you were able to get it working properly after replacing the file. Another thing you can do in the future is tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the audio player and toggle off "Use advanced audio player". This will switch from using a custom audio library to using core audio. This is another way to identify if there is an issue with the file itself, or if it's a compatibility issue with the custom audio library.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll be sure to do that.