• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same tune but different pdfs
I have a problem in setting up my library to accommodate my needs. There are four different instrument settings, each with their own PDF. 
I also have three different  types Scottish, Irish and Modern.  so Ideally I want to store my Library with 4 versions of the same tune to allow to select the following:

Guitar              - Scottish, Irish, Modern
Guitar Harmony - Scottish, Irish, Modern
Tenor               - Scottish, Irish, Modern
Mandolin          - Scottish, Irish, Modern

any ideas on how to achieve this, as I have been trying for sometime to get this right without much success.

Alcluith
Maybe?
PDF or song name=Song xyz G [G search would include GH]
                               =Song xyz H [GH search would include G]
                               =Song xyz T
                               =Song xyz M
These names could be done in the import or edit step.
Genre=Scottish, Irish, Modern as required.
The negative is there could be as many as 12 versions shown in the library and + 4 for each additional genre.
When Mike gets to song versioning update this may be editable.

Edit" for typo, all song names the same except for G, H, T, M.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
As @Skip says, you're going to have to name each PDF of the song with an instrument tag that differentiates it, but I wouldn't use the same letter for any:

Song Name G for the guitar
Song Name H for the guitar harmony
Song Name T for the tenor
Song Name M for the mandolin

Can you clarify what you want to find when you're ready to play, like just the guitar Scottish version, or do you want to find all the instruments for the Scottish version?
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
Hi,
I am using the Field „Custom2“ for the Instrument. Then I added it to the Song Title Formatting.
Additionally I Can Filter on that Field to just Show the Instrument I would Like to see.

Maybe that fits for you as well

Regards,
Stephan
Thanks for all the feedback. Yes adding the instrument to each song title works well for me

Alcluith