• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick view in set list editor
Please add a way to preview a song inside the setlist editor (by long-pressing it in the 'songs in setlist' and also in the 'Search All Songs' lists. I download songs to my Android from a shared folder, and I don't fully control the filenaming, so there are often some questions whether the file I am abouut to add to the setlist is the correct one (voice, version, local edit etc).

It is painful to have to leave the setlist editor to preview the PDF.
If you long press a title, you will open a menu. Select 'Edit Song' from that menu and you will see a review of the first page of that chart. As far as I know, this works with titles anywhere - setlist, collection, etc.

Take care in the setlist editor and ensure you long press in the middle of the title bar as the red cross will delete it from the list and the left hand side (which is for re-ordering) will not ope the next menu.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I know it's some years now but exactly this feature is something I would find very handy too indeed.

I have a large collection of songs that I regularily browse in order to create setlists for our services at church.

The list is ever growing and often only by the name of the song I can't know for sure which song, version of the song or even which content is behind the entry in the libary.

The advice to long press is really cumbersome for large number of songs where you would like to have a quick glance as if to add that song to the setlist.

Recently there was a floating additional libary window added to MS Pro. Perhaps that could be put to work in the setlist editor somehow? Or the layout for the setlist editor could be (optionally) altered as there is enough space in my opinion.

I imagine the window displaying the currently selected song in the songs browser. Perhaps for this to work the actual adding of songs to the setlist has to be modified somehow, e.g. tapping the song will load the preview in a separate window and only tapping in a designated area (in my sketch yellow) will acutally add to the setlist (at best while also previewing in the preview window at the same time)...

That would greatly easy the task of choosing ever new setlists

Sketch: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k5tff3k5y...uyu7e&dl=0
I think this recently came up again in a separate forum thread. I so want to add a way to pop up a quick preview of a song with the ability to turn through the pages. I don't know that a floating window is necessary, as I think you would need to close the preview before continuing to edit the setlist. I'm certainly open to suggestions though if users believe there is a need to have a preview open while actively editing the setlist.

Mike
(09-09-2023, 08:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I think this recently came up again in a separate forum thread. I so want to add a way to pop up a quick preview of a song with the ability to turn through the pages. I don't know that a floating window is necessary, as I think you would need to close the preview before continuing to edit the setlist. I'm certainly open to suggestions though if users believe there is a need to have a preview open while actively editing the setlist.

Mike

Thanks for considering this! That would be great. The preview need not be floating. In fact I would rather imagine it as a (maybe optional) area in the Setlist editor as seen on my improvised sketch... The ability to zap through the pages is absolutely useful.... Smile 

Anyway, the "adding of songs to the setlist" (in case you already know you want to add them for sure) would have to be considered hence my idea with the dedicated "Add" area. At the moment tapping on the song will instantly add it to the setlist. That would not be ideal with the preview window. Better perhaps: tap on the song anywhere in the browser will load it in the preview, tap on it in the "add" area besides showing the song adds to the setlist. That is only a quick idea... There might well be better ones.