• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup Library temp file location
Hi, 

I have a cheap tablet which has low 'internal' memory (2GB, I think) and a large MSPro DB. When I try to use the 'BackUp Library' function, it stops after a while with an 'no space left on device'-like error. My guess is that MSP creates a temp file in my devices internal memory, which is limited. If this is the case, could there be a config item for the path of this temp file? Or could it be linked to the 'Expose Database File' option, such that if checked, MSP uses this specific location for the temp file too?

Backup and Restore Library is my preferred method for keeping Backups (in case something happens to a tablet) and Sync libraries between devices.

Thanks a lot 

Frank
Frank,

I'm currently using the internal cache folder - I can change this to use the external cache folder (as Google calls it). This should take care of the problem. In the meantime, you can use the companion application to create library backups.

Mike
Hi Mike,
that would be really nice!
I very much prefer backing up to some cloud service from within MSP, as I rarely have a Windows machine runing.
Thanks,

Frank
(09-09-2016, 02:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Frank,

I'm currently using the internal cache folder - I can change this to use the external cache folder (as Google calls it).  This should take care of the problem. In the meantime, you can use the companion application to create library backups.

Mike

Hi Mike,

the latest version solves the Problem. Thanks a lot for being so reactive!