• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in communication between Yamaha Genos and Mobilesheets
Bert,

All very strange.

You are not using a usb hub between the MobileSheets pc and the Genos are you ?
What kind of cable are you using. A usb cable or a usb to midi cable ?

When you again have this same situation happening, can you try the following. (without doing anything else between the steps, and wait a couple of seconds between each button press)

- reboot the pc
- Start MS
- Load the reg.file with the issue on Genos.
- Press a button from that reg file that works (does it still work ?)
- Press a button that did not work. (Does it still not work ??)
If it still did not work.
- Press a button that works (does it still work?)
- Press a button that did not work (does is still not work ??)

Rudy
Hi Rudy,
This morning I started all up again and the problem was there again but now I think I found the cause of it.
I have all my registration files and custom songstyles saved on a USB stick that is connected on the front input and this one is named USB1 by Genos. There is also a USB stick in the bottom connection named USB2 by Genos. This was always the normal situation as far as I remember. I do not use this (empty) bottom stick but it was in there when I bought the Genos secondhand. To my surprise I saw this morning that my front stick was named USB2 and the bottom stick USB1. I then also had the problem of non-working +/- registration buttons. I removed the bottom stick and after that the front stick was named USB1 again. Also +/- buttons functions. After that I made over 50 new links with MS without a problem. 
I do not understand why but it looks like Genos sometimes switched between USB sticks which caused the problems. Do you have an explanation for this?
Bert
I am referring to my topic again because I still have this problem. I sold my Genos 1 and bought a Genos 2 and now I am adding a lot of registration memories to exsisting registration banks. Each time I add or change a memorybank and link this with a MS musicsheet there is a connection but the connections of the other memories in that bank are lost. If I then choose a MS musicsheet on PC of one of the lost links the correct memory is lighted but after that the link of the added memorybank is lost. All links are there if I choose the music sheet on PC so sending command from PC is o.k. Choosing from registration memory is not o.k. I already have this problem from the beginning but gave up finding a solution. Now that I have the new Genos 2 I want to get this solved. Is is difficult to explain ( see my previous posts) but I will give it another try by explaing it step by step:
- I have 5 songs (knob1 to 5) in registration bank A, all linked to MS musicsheets 1 to 5 and add a song in memory 6 and link this with MS musicsheet 6
- there is a correct link of song 6 links with MS musicsheet 6, links of song 1 to 5 are lost.
- if I select musicsheet song 1 to 6 on my PC the correct songmemories 1 to 6 in registrationbank A are selected.
- if I then select memory 1 to 5 the correct musicsheet 1 to 5 is selected, link of song 6 is lost. 
- if I then select MS musicsheet 6 on PC the link and try to select songmemories 1 to 5 the link with MS musicsheet 1 to 5 is lost.
- adding registrationmemories do not influence other banks or memories.
It looks like there is something wrong with the send data by Genos or received data by Mobilsheets. I doubt it is caused by Genos because I had same problem with my previous Genos.

Ik hope that someone can give me the solution to solve this.
Bert
Bert,

I know this will be a tad bit tedious, but please do something for me: Capture the system exclusive command (screenshots or copy and paste all the characters) for all six songs in your example. I want to compare the commands that are being stored in MobileSheets for all six of your songs to see if there is some kind of conflict. It will also help to know exaclty what the registration path is that is listed on the MIDI tab.

Thanks,
Mike
(06-12-2024, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bert,

I know this will be a tad bit tedious, but please do something for me: Capture the system exclusive command (screenshots or copy and paste all the characters) for all six songs in your example. I want to compare the commands that are being stored in MobileSheets for all six of your songs to see if there is some kind of conflict. It will also help to know exaclty what the registration path is that is listed on the MIDI tab.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Thank you for your quick reply. What screenshots do you need exactly? How can i see the system exclusive command? Do you mean like the attached screenshot? I am not good in computer technology.
FYI: in the meantime I deleted the registrationbank with the 6 memories and made a new one with 9 memories and switched off the system. All was o.k. Now I restarted and added memory 10, resulting in the same problem. It looks like the problem occurs when I make changes or additions in the concerned registration bank. 

Bert
Capturing the "Genos/PS-SX Bestand: <path>" at the top is one of the things I wanted. I'll want to see that for all of the songs (which would be 10 songs with your latest example). Also, tap the first batch command (for receive) and tap the edit icon at the right side. That should pop up the MIDI exclusive command (among other things). Please take a screenshot of that so I can see what is listed.

Thanks,
Mike
Probably has nothing to do with the issue, but I noticed, that the MIDI command lines  in the screenshot are not the same as what I see on my devices.

I do not have that ' 1 (Kanaal)' part ??

(06-12-2024, 04:56 AM)NAMA Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bert,

Thanks,
Mike[att

Mike,
I do not understand your request because I can make the screenshots only when the requested MSmusicsheet is choosen on PC and if I do that everything is o'k for the requested link, so all screenshots will look the same. All links are o.k. from PC to Genos, not the other way around. 
Please find the screenshots 1 to 9 when I successively choose registermemory 1 to 9. To make screenshot 10 I first have to choose MSmusicsheet 10 to get the memorybutton 10 lighted but then the links of memories 1 to 9 are lost. I have to choose one of the MSmusicsheets 1 to 9 to get back to the old situation.
Screenshots 11 and 12 show the MIDI exclusive commands of memory 10 in the situation that link is o.k. In the case that link is not o.k. I cannot show this because the MSsheetmusic is not displayed.

I hope you understand the problem.

PS, I had to delete screenshots 2 to 8 because number of pictures is limited to 5. Scteenshots look all the same.

Mike,
Thank you for your quick reply. What screenshots do you need exactly? How can i see the system exclusive command? Do you mean like the attached screenshot? I am not good in computer technology.
FYI: in the meantime I deleted the registrationbank with the 6 memories and made a new one with 9 memories and switched off the system. All was o.k. Now I restarted and added memory 10, resulting in the same problem. It looks like the problem occurs when I make changes or additions in the concerned registration bank. 

Bert
(06-12-2024, 07:51 PM)NAMA Wrote: Screenshots 11 and 12 show the MIDI exclusive commands of memory 10 in the situation that link is o.k. In the case that link is not o.k. I cannot show this because the MSsheetmusic is not displayed.

The sheet does not have to be displayed by pressing the button. You can manually load the sheet and then take a screencapture of its MIDI commands.
The MIDI commands Mike is asking for are stored when making the link with Genos. They will not change unless someone changes them, or when a new link for that same song is created.

Having said that ... what is the smallest number of registration buttons in use, that can cause this problem? If it is possible to create a registration file, with only two working buttons, where adding/linking a third one will break the link for the first two buttons ?? If so, it may be easier to take pictures of the MIDI commands that are stored with the songs linked to that registration file, as there will only be 3 songs not 10 to take screenshots from ....
Just my two cents...
(05-24-2023, 09:27 PM)NAMA Wrote: Hi Rudy,
I deleted the registration bank INT3 and made a new one named INT3a and renewed settings of each memory. A strange thing happened: without making new links every memory of that new bank linked to the corresponding scoresheet in MS and the problem remained the same. After that I renamed the bankname into TEST and all MS links of that bank disappeared. After linking all memories the problem did not show up any more. I find it strange that this was not the case when I only made a small change in registrationname and made a complete new memoryfill.

Mike, 
I want to bring this message from Bert from may last year to the attention, in case there is a relation to the problem.
He had songs linked to registration file INT3 which he then deleted and made a new registration file INT3a, and all songs were magically linked to that new file without relinking ... Almost seems as if the sysex MIDI string gets trunkated when trying to find a match in MobileSheets. Pity Bert does not mention if the links still worked in both directions ?
Bert,

Are you by any chance using a usb hub between your MobileSheets pc and Genos ?
I remember when I started using MobileSheets on Windows (I originally started MS on Android Tablets) I was also experiencing very weird things in the Genos link Mike could not figure out. After switching to an other brand of usb hub, all was (and still is) fine ..
Rudy
Hi Rudy,
Good to see you again in this thread.
I know that the sheet can be loaded manually. That is what I did to make the screenshot of song 10 midicommands. At the same time the link with memory 10 is recovered but also the links of memory 1 to 9 with related songsheets are broken.

I will do some tests with a new registrationbank to find out at what number of working buttons the problem shows up.

Regarding your remark about my previous post of INT3: I still have this bank and it still works in both directions.

Regarding your remark about using a usb hub: no, I am not using a usb hub.
Bert
Rudy -  1 (Kanaal) will only show up if you enable the option to send commands on multiple channels in the MIDI settings. This does not impact system exclusive commands though, as they are not tied to a channel. As far as how system exclusive messages are matched, every single byte that is received has to match what was configured in the song. A partial match will not work and will not be considered valid. So I would need to see the exact MIDI commands that are being sent from the Genos with INT3 versus INT3a. Something isn't adding up there.

Bert - I'm still quite confused about a number of things. When you say this, "To make screenshot 10 I first have to choose MSmusicsheet 10 to get the memorybutton 10 lighted but then the links of memories 1 to 9 are lost",  I don't know what is means for the links to be lost. Are you just saying that you can no longer get the song to load in MobileSheets when you select the registration buttons? Are you saying that MIDI commands in MobileSheets are suddenly gone? I don't know what "lost" means in this context.

I was wanting to see the MIDI commands for receiving, not sending, so sorry for the confusion (the Dutch translation made it harder for me at a glance). I want the details for the second batch command, which is the "Load on receive" one. Mainly, I just want to know how the messages differ for each song. They should not be the exact same, because you are linking them to a different registration button. You talked about not being able to take a screenshot because the sheet music was not displayed. The only thing I care about here is comparisons of the MIDI commands in the songs - they don't have to be loaded for that. I just want to see what is on the MIDI tab of the song editor. Also, if we can't figure this out, I'm going to need to have you go to the MIDI listen dialog, and capture all of the MIDI commands that are sent when going from registration button 9 to 10 so I can see how that compares to what MobileSheets is expecting (as configured in your songs).

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
Quote:
I'm still quite confused about a number of things. When you say this, "To make screenshot 10 I first have to choose MSmusicsheet 10 to get the memorybutton 10 lighted but then the links of memories 1 to 9 are lost",  I don't know what is means for the links to be lost. Are you just saying that you can no longer get the song to load in MobileSheets when you select the registration buttons? Are you saying that MIDI commands in MobileSheets are suddenly gone? I don't know what "lost" means in this context.

With "links lost"I mean that I no longer get the song to load in Mobilesheets. The MIDIcommands are NOT lost.

Quote:
I was wanting to see the MIDI commands for receiving, not sending, so sorry for the confusion (the Dutch translation made it harder for me at a glance). I want the details for the second batch command, which is the "Load on receive" one. Mainly, I just want to know how the messages differ for each song. They should not be the exact same, because you are linking them to a different registration button. You talked about not being able to take a screenshot because the sheet music was not displayed.

Please see the screenshots of the MIDIcommands for receiving. Is this wahat you mean? To my opinion they are correct.
Bert

What is strange is that the last characters of the registration don't match in each case. In one, it lists ELVIS 2.rgt, in the other it lists ELVIS 2.RGT. Can you think of a reason the Genos has sent a different file name extension in each case? Did you rename the file at some point? Those MIDI commands are going to be different, because the bytes won't match.

Thanks,
Mike