• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in communication between Yamaha Genos and Mobilesheets
I did not notice that. Thanks for notifying. I really do not know how extensions are defined but this could be the cause of the problem. I will start investigating this tomorrow and keep you updated.
I finally got it! 
The problem is caused by the difference in extension, .RGT or .rgt.
I have a number of registrationbanks  made myself on previous PSR-SX700, they all have extension .RGT.  And a number of registrationbanks made on my previous Genos1, these have extension .rgt. I also have a number of registrationbanks from third parties with extension .RGT and .rgt. 
For the Genos it does not matter whether the extension is .RGT or .rgt but for Mobilesheets it does.
When making new memories on my Genos 2 they have the extension .rgt. If a new memory is added to an exsisting bank that already has extension .RGT and is linked in Mobilesheets I have the problem. If I add this memory to an exsisting bank with extension .rgt all goes well. 

This now also explains why I had the problem since beginning of last year when I changed from PSR to Genos. 

Now I have to find a solution for all the .RGT banks when I want to make new links in these banks. Also for the third party banks that have the .RGT extension. I do not know yet how to do so.
MIke, is it possible to make Mobilesheets independable of capital or non-capital extensions? 
Bert
Bert,

Not easily... the code is setup to just compare bytes of the system exclusive messages to see if they match. Writing this kind of code is fairly straightforward and not error prone. If I instead have to try to break the system exclusive bytes up into parts, convert the registration path to a string, then do a case-insensitive string comparison, that is both slower and requires more code. I'll have to think about it, but it would definitely require modifying a lot of code that is generic in nature to now have to take into account situations where a Genos keyboard is involved, and process the Genos system exclusive messages differently.

Mike
I think I've found a place where I can make a change for this without impacting too much. I don't have an easy way to test it myself though, so we'll just have to see if it works after the next update is released unless you have an Android device you can test on.

Mike
(06-12-2024, 08:39 PM)Rey_a Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 07:51 PM)NAMA Wrote: Screenshots 11 and 12 show the MIDI exclusive commands of memory 10 in the situation that link is o.k. In the case that link is not o.k. I cannot show this because the MSsheetmusic is not displayed.

The sheet does not have to be displayed by pressing the button. You can manually load the sheet and then take a screencapture of its MIDI commands.
The MIDI commands Mike is asking for are stored when making the link with Genos. They will not change unless someone changes them, or when a new link for that same song is created.

Having said that ... what is the smallest number of registration buttons in use, that can cause this problem? If it is possible to create a registration file, with only two working buttons, where adding/linking a third one will break the link for the first two buttons ?? If so, it may be easier to take pictures of the MIDI commands that are stored with the songs linked to that registration file, as there will only be 3 songs not 10 to take screenshots from ....
Just my two cents...

(06-14-2024, 03:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bert,

Not easily... the code is setup to just compare bytes of the system exclusive messages to see if they match. Writing this kind of code is fairly straightforward and not error prone. If I instead have to try to break the system exclusive bytes up into parts, convert the registration path to a string, then do a case-insensitive string comparison, that is both slower and requires more code. I'll have to think about it, but it would definitely require modifying a lot of code that is generic in nature to now have to take into account situations where a Genos keyboard is involved, and process the Genos system exclusive messages differently.

Mike

Thanks for your reply, Mike. If this is not possible I have to live with it. I now know that I should not add new registrationmemories in banks that need extensions in capital. All banks created in PSR-SX700 only have 8 memories and Genos has 10. I will not use memories 9 and 10 in these banks. No problem.
Bert
Quote:
I think I've found a place where I can make a change for this without impacting too much. I don't have an easy way to test it myself though, so we'll just have to see if it works after the next update is released unless you have an Android device you can test on.

Mike,
That would be great. I do not have an Android device available to test so 
I will wait for the next update.
Bert
Mike,
I noticed that when I have the problem of not loading the musicsheet when pushing a memory button it is also not possible to choose the next registrationbank with the + or - button. To choose a different bank I then must do this by the menu. I think this also has to do with the problem because if I disconnect the usb to host cable it is o.k. 
Maybe this helps you in finding a solution.
Bert