Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 17,398
» Latest member: tylekeo88online
» Forum threads: 6,793
» Forum posts: 39,297

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Typing (chord) symbols
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows) Discussion
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0   » Views: 11
Text file Spacing
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Yesterday, 10:48 AM
» Replies: 13   » Views: 1,014
Major Setlist Editing Iss...
Yesterday, 10:08 AM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 91
ChordPro: Chord Localizat...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
Yesterday, 09:36 AM
» Replies: 32   » Views: 15,082
Setlist on dual device pa...
Yesterday, 07:45 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 39
Tiny clearification for "...
Forum: German
Yesterday, 05:19 AM
» Replies: 11   » Views: 1,111
Annotation magnifying gla...
Yesterday, 04:38 AM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 322
complete list of {} direc...
Yesterday, 03:39 AM
» Replies: 0   » Views: 40
Converted a ForScore user...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS) Discussion
Yesterday, 03:20 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 52
Random lines appear durin...
Yesterday, 03:19 AM
» Replies: 8   » Views: 766

Half page display mode for small pages
Posted by: mjlarocque - 04-19-2015, 01:21 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (9)

Hi!

I have started using the half page display mode, and it is really wonderful!  I had a nice surprise when I scrolled to small pages (i.e. cropped to only a small portion of the page to go to a DS, Coda, etc.).  The one thing I find difficult to manage, though, is that when the pages I scroll to are small enough to show up together, MobileSheetsPro has the smart to show them right away as a single page, kind of.  However, it does not keep the position of the half page already displayed, which makes it hard to follow when reading quickly.

Not sure I am making myself clear.  Let's say I have made my song into 5 pages to handle a DS with a coda.  The DS target is at the bottom of true page 1, the "go to coda" is at the top of page 2, and my coda is at the bottom of page 2.  I have made my page sequencing 1,2,1,2,2, and cutoff the pages to only show the relevant portion - so my new page 3 only shows from DS and on, my new page 4 shows only up to "go to coda", and my page 5 only shows the actual coda.

When I scroll from page 1, I see the top of page 2.  Beautiful.
When I scroll again, I see the full page 2.  Beautiful­.
When I scroll again, I see the bottom of page 1 (DS).  Beautiful.
When I scroll again, I see the entire bottom of page 1 (DS) + the entire top of page 2 (go to coda).  However, the bottom of page 1 (i.e. DS at the top of my screen) jumps up to accomodate displaying the next half page - makes it hard to keep reading that top of the screen.
When I scroll again, I see the entire top of page 2 (go to coda) + the entire bottom of page 2 (coda).  This time, the top of page 2 (go to coda) jumps up to the top half of the screen, again, making it hard to keep reading that portion.

I am wracking my brain to figure out a way to show the combined pages and avoid an extra page turn, but I can't find a way to prevent the jumping.  So I guess I would rather have to turn pages extra times in order to keep the page display more stable.

I have also thought about not cutting off the pages to trim the parts I don't play on the DS, however, I'll end up getting a page turn to the portion I don't need to play, and will need to page turn again to the bottom part of page 1, which will actually remove the benefit of the half-page turn.

I do want to congratulate you again on the new app, though.  It is really great and offers a lot of neat stuff!!!!

Minor Crop bugs
Posted by: davidfarquhar - 04-17-2015, 07:17 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

Loving the new version it is a lot better than the old one, well done for getting it working.  I think I've found two small bugs with cropping

1) When in the Recent tab, I go into crop a file manually.  When I come out back to the Recent tab the song is there, along with a new song called Unnamed.  The Unnamed one is the file I just cropped.  I don't get visibility of this file in any other view, so I'm guessing it is a temporary file saved somewhere?

2) When you exit the main Edit Song screen without saving your changes you get "Are you sure you want to discard all your changes".  However if you make Crop changes, click OK in crop screen to confirm them, and then click Cancel in the Edit screen you get taken out of Edit and lose the crop.  You are not prompted whether to confirm the discard.  So do
   Edit - Files - Crop tool - make a crop - OK - Cancel ... you've lost your crop.  I would expect that last Cancel to notice that you made a change in cropping

I searched to see if those had been reported but couldn't find them 

David

MobilesheetsPro 1.0.2 and Companion 2.0.0 Released
Posted by: Zubersoft - 04-17-2015, 06:25 PM - Forum: News - Replies (30)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I pushed out updates for both applications.  There is one important issue though: the current MobileSheetsCompanionPro will not update itself correctly. It will tell you that an update is available, and then download the original companion app installer. I have fixed this issue with v2.0.0, but you will need to manually download the latest companion app from www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.html

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Mike

EDIT:
I've decided to take the original MobileSheetsCompanion installer off the server for a bit and put a copy of the new installer in its place so that people don't run into the issue described above. I will restore the old installer later at some point.

Bookmarks
Posted by: MartinBethge - 04-17-2015, 12:23 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (4)

Hi Mike,

congratulations on publishing MobileSheets Pro! I am a happy user of your software for 2 years now, followed the discussion on the beta - now I´m glad to see the already very nice result.

I have remarks on the handling of bookmarks: Very good to have them available in the first place.

Problems:
1. If there are multiple documents in one MS-Song (in my case e.g. 3 pdf), I can´t jump/easily find the beginning of the next document. I guess you meant the button "Display all files" to do the trick, but this shows the name of the song only.
2. If I add a new file (through the companion app) to an existing song with existing bookmarks, the bookmarks don´t keep there respective original positions and have to be rearranged.
3. It would be fantastic to be able to add bookmarks to setlists/collections, ideally from one mixed list/tab: songs and bookmarks.

Maybe not the most urging issues. Thanks for your work on this great software,

Martin

meta-data lost when replacing pdf file
Posted by: Paul H - 04-16-2015, 06:29 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (1)

Mike,
[Re: MSbeta v1.2.3; MS Companion 1.6.3; samsung 12.2 tab proseveral
Over the weekend, I imported a 100 song library (separate pdf's for each song) using companion and I was amazed on how smooth the process was.  Did notice a couple of issues during this import process as follows:
1)  after importing all songs & then manually entering meta-data using companion, I tried to replace several pdf files only to find that a separate song was generated (same filename) with no meta data. Would have expected  the old pdf file be replaced with the newest one and thus retaining any original metadata.  Re-entering several song's metadata was a frustrating experience  Is replacing a pdf file while retaining metadata possible? 

2)  while entering metadata, noticed that when I was searching for a selection using the "select item screen", the 1st entry appears at the bottom of the list vs the top (i.e., when selecting an artist beginning with G, the 1st G  artist appears at bottom of the pg & I found myself having to click on the bottom entry in order  to see the full list of G  artists)

3) noticed there is no scroll bar on the select item screen for alphabetical searches. 

That does it Mike - Paul H

MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
Posted by: Zubersoft - 04-15-2015, 05:21 PM - Forum: News - Replies (50)

It’s been a very long time coming, but I am pleased to announce the release of MobileSheetsPro on the Google Play app store. For a limited time, I will be offering MobileSheetsPro at a substantial discount so that existing users can upgrade at a lower cost. If you’ve been checking the website lately, you may have noticed a lot of changes. I redesigned the website to better demonstrate the capabilities of MobileSheetsPro, and updated information that was very out of date. There is also a new manual available that I advise everyone should read through at some point. I should also mention that there is a new companion application to go with MobileSheetsPro. Click the companion tab at the top of the page and download the new MobileSheetsPro companion. The original companion app will not work with MobileSheetsPro.

If you are going to upgrade from the original MobileSheets, you can follow these easy steps to transfer your library over:

Create a backup of you library in the original MobileSheets by going to Options->Utilities->Backup Library. Save it in a location such as /sdcard/downloads or another folder you have created. You can also create this backup using the companion app.
2) Install MobileSheetsPro, open it, tap on the overflow menu at the top right, and select Settings->Backup and Restore, and select “Restore Library from Backup”
3) After the restore finishes, you will have access to your MobileSheets library in MobileSheetsPro.

After restoring your library into MobileSheetsPro, you can either keep MobileSheets installed if you would like or uninstall it. MobileSheetsPro was designed to run alongside MobileSheets so that users could transition over at their own pace.

I hope everyone enjoys using all of the new features in MobileSheetsPro. It’s been a long journey to get here but I am very happy with how things have turned out (much of it thanks to the amazing community of MobileSheets users). My work is not done though: I’m going to be focusing now on a lot of promised functionality such as exporting annotations to PDFs as well as getting the Windows 8 version of MobileSheetsPro finished. I want to thank everyone who has helped support MobileSheets through the years – you all have helped make the app what it is today.

Now get over to the Play Store and download MobileSheetsPro! Don’t forget to leave a review if you have time – it makes a big difference!

Mike

Double popups in Companion edit field
Posted by: Skip - 04-15-2015, 05:46 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - No Replies

When you select an 'Any' field and make a selection, a duplicate of the original [no user selection made] remains after pressing ok, [2 copies of the popup?]

Page turn when triple tapping
Posted by: Cellist - 04-13-2015, 10:17 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

When I triple tap to close the annotation mode, a page frequently gets turned. It doesn't seem to matter where I tap.

Backups
Posted by: Cellist - 04-13-2015, 07:15 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (2)

The backup quits after 227 mb, only 21 % each time I try. Also: annontations don't make it into the backup. I sometimes want to load the files from 1 tablet to another with all annontations.... Would it be possible to backup just one piece rather than the entire (ever expanding) library? Or only those files that are changed since the last backup?

Text Box Blocks Location Where I Want Annotation
Posted by: jeffn1 - 04-12-2015, 05:41 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

I am having that problem again where I want to add annotations, but the text box blocks the location where I want to put the annotation.

Relatedly, is there a way to control where the text box is on the page.  If so, I could just move it.  But I couldn't not figure out how to do that.

Actually, the other problem is, I think, the tablet keyboard ends up blocking the text box.

I will double check that this is not user error as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Theme © 2014 iAndrew