• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen
Some users have reported an issue where they will load a song or setlist, and after 2-30 seconds, MobileSheetsPro will randomly return to the library screen without any user interaction. A solution has finally been identified - if the device has a SIM card in it, you must remove the SIM card to eliminate this problem. I'm not sure why a SIM card would cause these severe problems, but it seems like it's causing the OS to restart MobileSheetsPro automatically. 

Mike
I have to contradict: The problem occurs even without a SIM card.

Marco
I have never seen this problem myself on 10+ tablets/devices, so it's very difficult for me to pinpoint what could be causing the problem for you. Users have tried various things, including:

1) Turning wifi and bluetooth off
2) Not putting the tablet on a metal stand and avoid metal contact such as rings
3) Testing image files vs PDFs, testing single songs vs setlists
4) Eliminate background processes or other software that is installed that can cause conflicts
5) A complete factory reset of the device

Even if I purchased the exact same device as you, there is no guarantee that it would show the same problem (I've encountered this multiple times already now after purchasing devices and not being able to reproduce problems users experience). So about the only way I would be able to help with this is to either get my hands on a device demonstrating this issue, or perhaps use something like teamviewer where I can see the problem occur and deploy software changes as needed to try to isolate the problem.

Mike
I had exactly the same problem a long time ago, but then it disappeared again as suddenly as it had appeared. There was no change made on the tablet and so I never found a reason for it. Since about a week ago the problem suddenly appeared again and Mobilesheets jumps back to the songlist in purely random intervals. Only a permanently installed Acer tablet is affected. So I guessed that the reason could not be influenced from outside (the house), instead I thought about something within the room. A test showed me that a 10" Huawei Mediapad in the same room and operated in parallel works perfectly. I am at a loss -- does anyone have an idea?
I just signed up to report this issue. I have an HP Chromebook X2 11 (it's a tablet with a detachable keyboard). It is in a stand but most of the frame holding the Chromebook is plastic. It has a slot that doubles as a SIM slot or a memory card slot - it has a memory card in it. None of this has changed. I have been using this combination without problem for about two years as a (mostly) dedicated sheet music reader. The random jump back to the "Recent" page is new and began in the last week or so.

I have had it happen with single songs from a collection as well as from a setlist. I have no other user processes running. I have had it happen when my page turn pedal is connected or not connected. There is no set time that it occurs but it happens about every other day (no set pattern).
It would be really helpful if you can backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, uninstall the app, reinstall it, restore your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup and let me know if the issue persists after that. 

Mike
Ok, I did that and today during practice I had no incident occur. Of course, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. I'll keep using it and if I get a repeat occurrence then I'll let you know. If in a week or so there has been no reoccurrence then I'll also let you know.

Thanks for the help.
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully you don't see the issue occur again.

Mike
(09-06-2024, 05:33 AM)BluesBoy Wrote: I just signed up to report this issue. I have an HP Chromebook X2 11 (it's a tablet with a detachable keyboard). It is in a stand but most of the frame holding the Chromebook is plastic. It has a slot that doubles as a SIM slot or a memory card slot - it has a memory card in it. None of this has changed. I have been using this combination without problem for about two years as a (mostly) dedicated sheet music reader. The random jump back to the "Recent" page is new and began in the last week or so.

I have had it happen with single songs from a collection as well as from a setlist. I have no other user processes running. I have had it happen when my page turn pedal is connected or not connected. There is no set time that it occurs but it happens about every other day (no set pattern).

you mean an SD card? That may be your problem. SD cards made for consumer use are known to have severe quality problems which may manifest in infinite and unpredictable ways. Been there, done that. You may want to switch to industrial grade SD cards,
(09-07-2024, 07:19 AM)RAc Wrote: you mean an SD card? That may be your problem. SD cards made for consumer use are known to have severe quality problems which may manifest in infinite and unpredictable ways. Been there, done that. You may want to switch to industrial grade SD cards,

Thanks for your suggestion. I won't rule it out of hand but it is a decent SD card (Samsung EVO plus), has been fine for the two years that the Chromebook has been in use, and isn't used for storing MobileSheets data or any apps.
(09-07-2024, 06:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully you don't see the issue occur again.

Mike

Well, it was fine until yesterday. I had it happen twice - once when I woke the Chromebook up and once later in the practice. First one, I turned the Chromebook on and it had been left on a score and when it woke up the score was shown briefly before quickly flashing to the recents list. The second time was during practice I had turned to fiddle with the audio settings of Amazing Slow Downer on the Mac and when I turned back MobileSheets was showing the recents list.

It happened today during practice while I was looking at the score. I saw what looked to be a message box of some kind before it flipped to the recents list. Unfortunately, it went by so quick that I couldn't read what it said.

So, not really fixed.
Are you using the device with the keyboard attached or detached? Is WiFi enabled or disabled? What about bluetooth? If you turn those things off and test with the keyboard detached, does the problem still occur?

Mike
(09-14-2024, 08:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using the device with the keyboard attached or detached? Is WiFi enabled or disabled? What about bluetooth? If you turn those things off and test with the keyboard detached, does the problem still occur?

Mike

Keyboard is detached, bluetooth and wifi are both on. I can try with wifi off but without bluetooth I have no way to turn pages (bluetooth page turn pedal). I can try leaving it on with both turned off when not practicing and see if it's on the recents page after a while.
(09-14-2024, 05:16 AM)BluesBoy Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 07:19 AM)RAc Wrote: you mean an SD card? That may be your problem. SD cards made for consumer use are known to have severe quality problems which may manifest in infinite and unpredictable ways. Been there, done that. You may want to switch to industrial grade SD cards,

Thanks for your suggestion. I won't rule it out of hand but it is a decent SD card (Samsung EVO plus), has been fine for the two years that the Chromebook has been in use, and isn't used for storing MobileSheets data or any apps.

A brand name or type is no gurantee for or against anything, it may be conterfeit or mooned:  On MicroSD Problems « bunnie's blog (bunniestudios.com) . Again, I have seen examples of SD cards that looked like (and cost the same as) highly reputed ones but were trash. I do not even want to estimate how many work hours went into trying to debug seeming file system software issues that were in reality storage bugs.

At the very least you should try running a checker over the drive. May save you a lot of head scratching.
(09-14-2024, 08:25 AM)BluesBoy Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 08:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using the device with the keyboard attached or detached? Is WiFi enabled or disabled? What about bluetooth? If you turn those things off and test with the keyboard detached, does the problem still occur?

Mike

Keyboard is detached, bluetooth and wifi are both on. I can try with wifi off but without bluetooth I have no way to turn pages (bluetooth page turn pedal). I can try leaving it on with both turned off when not practicing and see if it's on the recents page after a while.

If you want to share a library backup file (.msb) with mike@zubersoft.com, I'll be happy to test it on my Chromebook to see if I can reproduce the issue, although it will be difficult if it seems to be unpredictable. I'll need to have some way of reproducing the issue.

Mike