Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 17,389
» Latest member: priyanka
» Forum threads: 6,792
» Forum posts: 39,296

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Text file Spacing
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
9 hours ago
» Replies: 13   » Views: 993
Major Setlist Editing Iss...
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 80
ChordPro: Chord Localizat...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
10 hours ago
» Replies: 32   » Views: 15,045
Setlist on dual device pa...
Today, 07:45 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 36
Tiny clearification for "...
Forum: German
Today, 05:19 AM
» Replies: 11   » Views: 1,089
Annotation magnifying gla...
Today, 04:38 AM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 305
complete list of {} direc...
Today, 03:39 AM
» Replies: 0   » Views: 34
Converted a ForScore user...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS) Discussion
Today, 03:20 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 38
Random lines appear durin...
Today, 03:19 AM
» Replies: 8   » Views: 747
Synchronize two devices (...
Today, 03:18 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 55

Opaque Fill When Inserting Text
Posted by: jeffn1 - 01-06-2021, 03:36 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

Hello,

I often us MS to write in text that covers up (blocks) something in the original pdf.  For example, I may correct a chord, etc. (and cover up the incorrect chord)

Before the new annotations I just used white fill and that did the job.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the fill opaque to accomplish this.   (I did try selecting "Opacity" of 100%)

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

Cropping
Posted by: Mal-Aus - 01-03-2021, 07:37 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

Hi eveyone, second issue for the day. I am editing a transcript and I have come to a DS Al Coda. So what I want to do is to delete the rest of that page after the DS Al Coda and go to where it is directing me to which in this case is from page 4 back to page 1.

No problems so far however, when I have a look at the finshed product after editing, the two lines of transcript from page 4 which only contains the DS Al Coda is now stretched and is taking up the whole of the edited page 4.

How do I keep the same size and formatting to allow me to remove transcript from a page that I don't want and not have it then stretched to take up the whole page.

I have tried cropping, snippet etc. Is the only way around this to edit the PDF outstide of mobilesheets and then importing the edited pages? I hope not as this will take forever as I have over 200 songs I am going through to put on my tablet for gigging.

If this doesn't make sense I am more than happy to provide screenshots.

Cheers Mal

Scrolling Issues
Posted by: Mal-Aus - 01-02-2021, 07:24 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (16)

Hi all,

I have changed tablets and now have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 which is running Android. I used to have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 which I had an option to choose the scrolling direction of vertical and a few other scrolling options that I could bring up a menu in the bottom left hand corner to allow me to change these options.

Since installing Mobilesheets Pro on this tablet that option is no longer there?

Am I missing something here or has an update recently removed this menu/options. Currently I only seem to be able to have the sheet music going left to right which I don't want as it seems to not suit my needs for various speeds that I want to set for each score.

When I previously set up my scrolling options I would set it to scroll continuously and then go into the other menu and fiddle around with other scrolling options to get things right.

Anyone else missing this menu/options in relation to scrolling or how can I get this other menu in the bottom left to start showing again.

Cheers Mal

Issues with the Zubersoft website
Posted by: Zubersoft - 12-31-2020, 05:08 PM - Forum: News - Replies (8)

Over the last couple days, I have received reports of users not being able to get their forum accounts activated. The forums and Zubersoft website rely on Google for sending/receiving emails. A security setting was switched that resulted in all email access from the Zubersoft website being denied. This also means that all support requests through the Zubersoft website were also blocked, so I have not been able to view or respond to any of those requests. The security setting has been fixed and things are working normally again. If a user seeking help sees this post, please reach out to me again through the website or email me directly at support@zubersoft.com. I can also activate any forum accounts that are pending activation. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Mike

Horizontal panning in landscape
Posted by: DaniP - 12-29-2020, 08:07 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

Hello Mike
The following point is not new and it is a behaviour present from the first version I used, but I don't know if it is really something desired or a bug, but it's something a bit annoying:

The horizontal panning (necessary if zoom > 100%) doesn't work in landscape mode (my normal use). It only works when the tablet is in vertical mode. This occurs at any moment (in and out of then annotation mode).

You can see a capture video in my Google Drive ("Horizontal panning in landscape.mp4") :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks
Daniel

Minor issues in version 3.0.0
Posted by: DaniP - 12-29-2020, 08:04 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

Hello Mike

First of all, thank you so much for all the great improvements in your last release, especially the new annotations mode.I have been waiting for it from the beginning. The result is fantastic.

I only want to indicate some minor issues, not very important, but it could be interesting to be solved in a future update, if you could. This issues were detected with version 3.0.0 but still persists in 3.0.1

I have taken some capture videos so you can see more easily what I am saying (sorry for my bad english). They are available in my Google Drive storage:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

• 1. The number indicating the opacity level it is not updating correctly (see video "1 - number in opacity.mp4)

• 2. The modal window with the arrows to move the element hides that element when it is at the bottom. Perhaps this window should be shown in another position in that situation, and not always just below the element. (See video "2 - arrows hiding element.mp4"

• 3. When creating or updating some text element, what we are writing or editing is not visible if the element was at the bottom of the window (See "3 - texts not visible.mp4")

• 4. If I change to panning mode with a two finger stroke and I was inserting stamps, very frequently the magnifying glass keeps visible, when it not should. (See "4 - magnifying glass while panning.mp4")

• 5. The magnifying glass is very useful, but if I try to set a stamp near one border of the tablet, it can alternate continuosly its direction with minimal horizontal finger movement, what can be confusing. I think that if we try to put a stamp "near" the left (for example) border, then it should use and maintain the orientation where the circle is on the right. Although we made little adjustments in the position, the orientation should not change. It seems that, right now, when we change the direction with the finger, the direction of the magnifying glass is reconsidered, and if it fits with the circle to the left, it will use it, but as soon whe move then finger slightly to the left again, will flip the circle to the right.  (See "5 - magnifying glass oscilating.mp4")

• 6. In the panning mode, If I do a long press, the bottom menu appears (menu to use when we are reading the song, not editing it). The only way I find to hide it, is exit the editing mode. But when I do that, the title of the song shows black. (See "6 - bottom menu while editing.mp4")

• 7. I find difficult to move in the page with then panning mode. In some ocassions, each time I raise the finger and try to drag again, it begins from the beginning. In the example (7 - difficulty when panning.mp4) I'm swiping the finger from up to bottom, raise the finger and repeat. I  have found that the problem arises when then pan mode is selected before I activate annotations mode. If I select another tools and then change to panning mode, it seems to work ok (See "7 - Difficulty with panning (2).mp4")

• 8. There is another issue that I cannot reproduce while recording the screen: If I have copied some element to the clipboard (and even with nothing copied), and then I change to the panning mode with the two finger stroke, the first attempt to scroll the screen makes the "Paste" modal window to appear. I can even wait some time from the moment the panning mode is activated, as soon I touch the screen to swipe the finger, the "Paste" message appears. I have to touch out of the "Paste" window, and try again with then swipe movement.
    (Recording makes me difficult to change to the panning mode with the two finger stroke, I have to make several tries and that makes the problem to not arise)

• 9. In version prior to the last one (2.9.6, I think) sometimes the annotations didn't appear in night mode, but alternating in normal and night mode, or returning to list of songs and entering again in the song (never saw a clear rule), in the end I always managed to get it. But in version 3 I cannot, it seems that the annotations are hidden in night mode. Or at least I don't know how to show them. (See "9 - Annotations and night mode.mp4")

• 10. I have detected a situation where new stamps seemed invisible, and the reason was that the color was set to white, although I didn't select that color at any moment. In the video I have recorded you can see that the tool indicates that the color should be Black, but however is using White. Also, the color used and the icon of the stamp (with a certain color) are not in sync. I have to select another color to force MSP to really change the color and use black.
    Before noticing that problem I was not doing any annotation, I think I was visualizing some song and probably I tried to change to the night mode (and returned to the normal mode because the annotations didn't appear, as I reported before)  (See "10 - Stamps and colors.mp4")

Regards

Daniel

How to (re)move a misplaced PDF image paste?
Posted by: Chen - 12-25-2020, 03:17 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

While trying out the new Snipping Tool in 3.0 the paste came out in an undesired place on the page - and now can't find a way to move/delete the pasted image again...

(Screenshot with the bad paste enhanced attached.) This is on Android.
Am i missing something? I even tried to delete the whole PDF (the page is a snippet out of a larger PDF) and re-add it, but the snippet is still there...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chords diagrams over mobile sheet
Posted by: paridef - 12-24-2020, 08:18 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

Hi folks, I'm new to Mobilesheets I'm a guitar
player and I need to put some custom diagrams chords over the text of the song.

Is there a way to do this? some hints ? Huh

thanks

First Stroke not drawn when annotating
Posted by: McConnor - 12-24-2020, 04:23 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (9)

Hi Mike,

The new 3.0 Annotation Mode looks and feels just great - havn't even scratched the surface of all features though... Thank you for this great feature! Update from v. 2.9x went seemingly without problems.

One thing that has been there before the update also is, that when entering annotation mode or when using pinch zoom/move with fingers the first stroke with the smart pen of my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 wont be drawn! Starting with the second stroke all is fine until I again use e.g. pinch zoom - after that again the first stroke wont be drawn...

This is not a showstopper but I dont think it is intended behaviour also. Perhaps this is fixable sometime in the future...

Have a nice and peaceful christmas - even with all this Virus-Mess going around...

How to use MsPro with large libraries on limited tablets?
Posted by: Vibraphon - 12-24-2020, 01:39 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

I use a Surface Pro as a master on which I manage a complete library with almost 7,000 songs.
The older Android tablets with the larger screens are unfortunately limited in their capacity and can hardly use this large library.

I had thought that I might be able to split up the entire library (for C, Bb and Eb instruments) and only synchronize the respective sub-library. Somehow I had thought that I could create new, reduced libraries from the entire library by using filters, but I didn't succeed.

I was able to copy the original library to a new one and delete songs form this library, but I can't update/synchronize this to the master library. Maybe I'll take a completely wrong approach. It would be nice if someone could explain to me how I can implement reduced sub-libraries from a master library with the possibility to synchronize (of the respective parts) to the master.

Gerne auch in deutscher Sprache Rolleyes

Theme © 2014 iAndrew