Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 17,013
» Latest member: vinbetbest
» Forum threads: 6,765
» Forum posts: 39,127

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Forum in deutsch?
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
15 minutes ago
» Replies: 0   » Views: 3
Mobile Sheets does not Ex...
29 minutes ago
» Replies: 7   » Views: 133
Sync to OneDrive folder h...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
38 minutes ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 53
Logging / protcol of play...
Forum: Anything Goes
8 hours ago
» Replies: 17   » Views: 1,555
Annotation magnifying gla...
Today, 03:30 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 43
stamps "end-of-repeat" mi...
Today, 03:29 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 44
Replacing existing files ...
Today, 03:27 AM
» Replies: 11   » Views: 390
problem/bug? with 2-devic...
Today, 02:15 AM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 350
pdf cropping
Yesterday, 06:41 PM
» Replies: 13   » Views: 13,195
Reinstall on a New Win 11...
Yesterday, 05:14 PM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 71

FR: coloured stamps
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 06:08 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

It appears that stamps can only be added in black.  It would be great if the colour could be changed just like it is for other types of annotation.

UX: suggest repositioning - / + icons
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 06:06 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

(This is not a bug report or feature request, but a suggestion for very slightly improving the UI/UX.)

In the "Enter The Text Size Value" or "Enter The Stamp Size Value" dialogs, or any similar dialog for changing sizes numerically, there is a slider with a - minus icon to its left and a + plus icon to its right.  This means that it's awkward to rapidly switch between tapping the plus and minus icons, because they are far apart.  Bearing Fitt's Law in mind, it would be more convenient if these two icons were right next to each other.  I suggest stacking them together vertically on the right hand side of the slider, but here's a good article on design guidelines for input steppers which should provide food for thought.

searching by name shouldn't apply to all tabs
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:40 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

If I'm in the Songs tab and do a search for a song containing a particular word, it filters the list nicely for that song.

However, if I then switch to the Setlists tab, or any of the Collections / Artists / Albums / Genres tabs, they are now empty because it's still applying the song filter to those tabs.  I'd suggest that this is unintuitive and in most cases not what the user wants, because in general names of songs do not double as the names of setlists / collections / artists / albums / genres.  (There are occasional exceptions, e.g. for the title track of an album, but it doesn't make sense to optimise for the corner cases in preference to the majority of cases.)  So it would be less confusing and more helpful if the text search for songs only applied to the Songs tab.

BUG: Show List no longer works
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:28 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

In the dropdown menu at the top right of annotation mode, there is an entry "Show List".  I'm pretty sure this used to show a box with all the annotations in, so that you could manipulate them individually.  However it no longer works - the only effect tapping on this achieves is to toggle the icon between white and orange.  No list is ever shown.

BUG: annotation mode boxes can't be moved all the way to bottom of screen
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:25 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

When I'm in annotation mode with one or more floating boxes displayed (e.g. the pen / highlight / stamp settings or nudge box), I can move them around by dragging on the icon with four arrows at the top left of the box.  However, I can't move them below a certain height on the screen - probably around 90% from the top.  This means they tend to get in the way of the music.

BUG: minimising settings windows don't update dropdown
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:20 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (7)

When annotating with the pen mode, if I click the horizontal line at the top right of the pen settings dialog box to minimise it, the dropdown at the top left of the screen fails to update.  The pen icon to the left of "Show Pen Settings" remains orange, and to get the settings dialog box to reappear I have to tap "Show Pen Settings" not once but twice - once to disable (even though it's already invisible) and once again to reenable.  The second time, the box reappears.

The exact same problem occurs with the highlight and stamp settings too.

FR: export selected pages as PDF
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:08 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

It would be great if it was possible to selectively export specific pages as a single PDF file.  Maybe there is a way to do this already but I couldn't find it.

BUG: all annotations vanish when changing pages from file
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:07 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (7)

This seems like quite a serious bug:

I spent about 20 minutes making some significant annotations to page 2 of one song.  I then wanted to share only that page with band members as PDF, and the only way I could see to selectively export one page as a PDF was to temporarily change the Page Order field from "1-2" to "2", do the export, then change it back.  (I'll start a separate feature request thread for a better way to do that.)

Unfortunately this caused a complete loss of all the annotations I had just made.  I imagine they are maybe still buried in some sqlite table, but possibly with the wrong page reference, therefore invisible and inaccessible.  Or maybe something else caused it - I'm just wildly guessing.  Even after restoring the page order to both pages, they did not reappear, so presumably I'll have to make them all over again.

rotation breaks positioning of annotation
Posted by: aspiers - 02-24-2020, 05:00 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

When I'm annotating a page, if I rotate the device and carry on annotating then the new annotations appear in completely the wrong place, i.e. not where I drew them.

New Keyboard
Posted by: Brian3284 - 02-21-2020, 08:47 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

After years of using a Yamaha Piaggero with MobilesheetsPro I have now bought a new keyboard -  Yamaha SX 900.  
This has necessitated creating new playlists and I thought it was time I reviewed the status of my current programme.  I need to identify the latest version so that i can upgrade as necessary.  My ......companion version is 3.0.1 - is there anything later please?
Cheers
Brian

Theme © 2014 iAndrew