Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 16,729
» Latest member: grenobxes
» Forum threads: 6,759
» Forum posts: 39,097

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Backup/restore versus Syn...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
Yesterday, 01:17 PM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 62
half pages turns at the e...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS)
04-26-2024, 08:51 PM
» Replies: 2   » Views: 62
„Keep Screen on“ does not...
04-26-2024, 05:13 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 2,173
Toujours allumé sur un ap...
04-26-2024, 05:12 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 111
Syncing to a device faili...
04-26-2024, 11:12 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 116
Different keys for scroll
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows) Discussion
04-26-2024, 11:10 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 96
Mobilesheets beendet sich...
04-26-2024, 11:09 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 100
How do you go about gener...
04-26-2024, 10:55 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 82
Face gestures
04-26-2024, 08:27 AM
» Replies: 64   » Views: 9,011
TikTok Remote Ring as Pag...
Forum: Tips & Tricks, and Guides
04-26-2024, 06:39 AM
» Replies: 15   » Views: 3,799

Tablet mit PC verbinden
Posted by: wschmittw - 07-25-2020, 04:49 PM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (2)

Hallo,

wenn ich mein Tablet über "Verbinden zum PC! mit dem PC verbinden will, kommt der Hinweis "Warten auf USB-Verbindung". Die Möglichkeit, über Wifi zu verbinden (was im Benutzerhandbuch empfohlen wird, wird mir gar nicht angeboten. Was mache ich falsch?

Danke für Eure Hilfe!

Werner

Supersonic 13.3” SC-813 Octa Core Tablet with Android 9.0 & Bluetooth
Posted by: jeffn1 - 07-24-2020, 08:06 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hello,

Does anyone use this tablet?

I am having a tough time finding a large (13.3 is deal, I think) inexpensive Android Tablet.  (Evoo 13.3 would have been close to perfect, but it does not seem to work with bluetooth page turners).

The big weakness with this Supersonic tablet is the (small) 8gb memory.

So, my big questions is whether using an SD Card (32GB) fixes that?  Or, am I asking for a headache.

Thanks,

Jeff

Subdirectory Name Issue
Posted by: Vibraphon - 07-23-2020, 05:24 PM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (1)

I use the compain to add new songs to my library.
"Create Subdirectories For Songs" is switched to ON.

Compain:
* Add
* Drag&Drop da file "Song C.pdf"
* Switch to "FIELDS"
* Change "Title" to "Song"

Result:
The file "Song C.pdf" is stored in a subdirectory "Song C", but I would like it to be stored in a subdirectory "Song" as I named as title.

Thanks

Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
Posted by: Zubersoft - 07-21-2020, 10:26 AM - Forum: News - Replies (217)

I'm happy to report that I'm finally ready to start testing the new annotations functionality with interested beta testers. I'm hoping to gather at least 5-10 beta testers to help test out all of the new features that have been added. I've written up a document here that explains the new features and options: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/Annot...design.pdf

Users that want to help beta test need to have purchased the app through the Google Play Store and should backup their library before testing (it will not be possible to revert to the old version after testing, so you would have to uninstall and reinstall, then restore your library). You can also just stick with the new version until the official release.

This first phase of beta testing will be just for the Android version. I'm still working on finishing the changes for the Windows 10 version, and I will need separate testers for that once it is ready. I will also make an updated version of the companion application available soon for users that want to test that with the new changes.

If any users are interested in helping me test the new changes, feel free to post here and I will email you using the address you used to register on the forums, you can message me directly through the forums, or send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I will reply with a link to the beta installer.

Thanks everyone for your patience while I finished these changes and to all of the users that will help get the update ready!

Mike

mspro to new tablet
Posted by: hgir - 07-19-2020, 12:13 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

I started out with original Mobile Sheets and was automatically upgraded to MS Pro when it became available, meaning I did not have to pay 12.99. Now that I have a new tablet I thought that Playstore would recognize my IP address (or whatever) and allow me to install MSPro without charge since I already had it.  I have seen posts that indicate that Playstore did that but I might have misunderstood.

Would appreciate info on what is necessary to get MSPro without charge.  Thanks

Oddity on alphabet search feature
Posted by: bazza - 07-14-2020, 06:37 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (11)

On the tune list page, tapping a letter in the alphabet at the side of the screen brings up a subordinate list of second letters to aid in a search, with further taps to show subsequent letters.  A very useful facility.   However, there’s a minor glitch - not a huge problem in the cosmic scheme of things, but an anomaly . . . 

If the second letter in the first item in the relevant section of the library is accented (such as Å or Ö, as occurs in some Swedish titles) then a similar non-accented letter (A or O) is not shown at all.  This limits the search function.  Example: Under ‘D’ in my library, the first title starts with ‘Då’.  On next tap, the subordinate list offers ‘Å’ but not ‘A’ – the second letter of the next 50 titles, so the tap-based search stops there.

This only seems to be an issue with subordinate (second-tap) alphabet lists.  The primary alphabet includes only conventional (English) letters, and the list of titles ignores accented letters in showing them in conventional alphabetical order: thus ‘Gander’ is followed by ‘Gärdebylåten’ and ‘Garden’.  Would it be simplest if the subordinate lists did the same?   Linguistically incorrect, perhaps, but a simple expedient?  It obviously wouldn’t be sensible to offer every possible accented letter in all languages using Roman script, especially where the originating language puts them in a different order.

Upgradind from the free version MS to MSP
Posted by: Javier MM - 07-13-2020, 09:16 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

When I switched from MS to MSP I looked for some guidance in this forum, but was unable to find it.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a guide on "how to switch from free MS to  MS Pro"

In case it helps, I explain my experience, what went OK and what went wrong.

I had started to use the free version MS to check how it worked. I had added fingerings to some scores in the free MS. Then I switched to MS Pro and continued to add and edit my scores.

I wanted to delete the free version in order to work just with one. Since the logo of the two versions is the same, I tried to import the scores to the free version and had error messages.

The problem is that the scores are located in different folders in my tablet.

MS => Folder:  Device\Android\Data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro
MSPro => Folder:  Device\Android\Data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheets

I just realized that the name of the folders was incorrect, because the last one was much bigger.

This is how I went about the migration:

• Made a backup of my Mobile sheets Pro library  Settings\Backup and restore\Backup all songs and files to a .msb file at a user specified location  I saved the file in my device (I did not manage to do it in the SD card).
  • Went to the list of free MS and shared the scores with msf format (link on the top bar) Select files, then Share\Export as .msf files then choose a location
  • Uninstalled the free version. I was lucky I made a previous backup, because the folder com.zubersoft.mobilesheets (with all the info of the Pro version) was deleted. The folder com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro was still there, with the files of the free version Confused
  • Uninstalled MSPro and the folders disappeared
  • Reinstalled MSPro and restored the library
  • After some minutes (fingers crossed) Huh , the full list of MSP appeared and the library was fully restored
  • Imported the msf files I had previously saved

I have to say I lost a couple of scores because I did not make the msf procedure with all. I checked later that the data were now stored in the folder zubersoft.mobilesheetspro , as we should expect.

So now I have just MSP with all my scores. 

I suppose I could have made a backup of the free MS before installing the Pro version, then delete the free version, install the Pro and finally restore the library. In this case I would have started on a sound basis.

I wish I could have found such a guide when I upgraded the soft. Hopefully you will find it of use.

Size of anotation landscape - vertical
Posted by: Javier MM - 07-13-2020, 08:32 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

Hi, this is my first post in this community.

I have been using MobileSheets on Android and later MobileSheets Pro on a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet running with the Amazon store version 2.9.5.

Depending on the score, I use the tablet on vertical (full page) or lanscape format (just some lines with the width of the tablet and a bigger zoom).

To my surprise the size of the text changes in an unexpected way

When I switch from vertical to landscape format, the size of the anotations change. This is normal, because the same zoom is applied to the score and the anotations.

The problem is when I am making anotations on vertical format (say with font size 15) and then continue to make anotations on the landscape format.  The size of the new anotations (15) is just too small and I have to modify the size to 25 to make them look similar to the previous anotations (made with 15 font on vertical mode).

If I copy and paste one anotation that I made previously and that I see visually with a font 25 on landscape mode, the new anotation is just too small. However, if I choose one anotation that I have made on landscape mode with font 25 and copy it (without changing modes) the aspect is the same.

This means that I have in the same score anotations that have the same apparent size, but some of them are size 15 (when I made them originally in vertical mode), while others are in size 25 (when I created them in horizontal format).

I wonder if this is a bug of the program or I am making something wrong, but I keep modifying the size of the anotations to have them look the same and this is quite disturbing.  Confused

Backup - mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt
Posted by: fnogb - 07-07-2020, 10:57 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

Hi

Not sure, if this is the correct forum. Anyway:

I'm working on a script to automate importing sheets into MobileSheets, and I think the easist way is by using the builtin sync-function - I think the companion app is too slow (and slightly unstable as well) Angel .
(Also: The script could be made to monitor the folder where I keep all my sheets and then automatically import them whenever I create a new sheet! Big Grin )
The workflow would be like this:

First: Manually sync the library to a cloud folder

Then the script takes over like this:
1. Collect information about the file - Title, composer, genre, and so on
2. Copy the file to the cloud folder in its own subdirectory
3. Add rows as necessary to the relevant tables in the SQLite database
4. Add to mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt
5. Repeat
6. Sync the library again - thereby importing all the new sheets

First of all: Is this even possible?

If it is:

I have trouble understanding the mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file.

It contains 4 lines per file:
1. A hash or unique id of some sort followed by a / and then filename
2. A hashcode
3.Timestamp
4. Filesize

The mystery is the two hashvalues. How are they calculated? And of what?
I have no idea about the first hash - or if it even is a hash. Maybe it's some sort of unique id?
I'm pretty sure, the hashcode is calculated using java's hashcode() function. But when I input the filename, filename w/o extension, directory+filename (both forward a backslash) or some combination, I don't get the correct value.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Best regards
Anders Olesen

Can´t update Companion
Posted by: Volkhard - 06-30-2020, 02:12 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (7)

After have being away for a couple of years I am resurrecting Playing the keyboard and using Mobile sheets again.
I am still running Version 2.5.8 and I assume that's outdated. When trying to update I get

Unable to execute MobileSheetsPro installer:
followed by a  file path and the question about anti virus software.

I am running AVG and have also WIndows Defender. Disabling both doesn't make a difference.

What can I try to get current again?

Thanks

Theme © 2014 iAndrew